четверг, 10 сентября 2015 г.

Reader request - log homes

Reader request - log homes

You may recall this post from last month, where I blogged the home of Jack (a co-worker of mine) and his wife Shannon. In that post I mentionned that they were selling that house because they had just purchased a log home. !!!! Well, log homes are not the easiest to work with in terms of decorating and keeping them from being dark and dreary, as Shannon expressed in an email to me:

I am writing to request pics of...you guessed it...log interiors. My only issue with the logs in our new place is that I NEED light, airy interiors and log homes can be dark, dark, dark. That's sometimes a function of lighting but also of having so much wood. We are planning to refinish and lighten the floors before we move in in August. Plus, I'll be brightening all of the drywalled surfaces. There's lots of darkish greens and blues. The kitchen is maple, but with a dark blue-green stain...I'll eventually repaint that a creamy white, etc. I'm also going to update the lighting and add lots more lights. The master bedroom is actually a loft overlooking the living room and its 3 large west-facing windows (plus there are more windows in the back of the bedroom). I'm planning to paint the floor of the loft a glossy white and this will be the first place where I'll try my big experiment: white-washing or bleaching the interior log walls. I plan to convert the place from "rustic Montana" to "Scandinavian bright". Anyhow, if ever you have time, anything you find on log interiors would be helpful.


Here is a little peek at Jack and Shannon's new home:




It turns out my stash of photos did not include many log home interiors. So I gathered up those and included some that feature wood panelling or whatever wood surfaces I could find that might help give Shannon (ok, and Jack - LOL) some options.


Aftonbladet



(LOVE this but i think they overdid it on the gloss - in fact this would look WAY better matte)


Le Journal de la Maison


Hus & Hem



Hus & Hem



Hus & Hem


Anna Kern

Hus & Hem

Sköna hem

Maison Hand

Jon Jensen

Louise Rastall

Deko - Plaza


Last month I also blogged my sister's cottage makeover where she started with a dark and dreary spaces and a whole bunch of white paint did wonders to brighten it up. Here's a quick before and after:





Original article and pictures take www.desiretoinspire.net site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий