вторник, 3 марта 2015 г.

one room challenge - my bedroom - the reveal

one room challenge - my bedroom - the reveal
one-room-challenge-loveonsunday.jpg

It's time!!! My bedroom is DONE. That actually sounds really good to say. The past few weeks have been a blur trying to keep up with work and sourcing items for this room. To be honest I had a very low budget and I spent under $300 for everything. Luckily we had an IKEA credit which helped me out tremendously!


So let's get right to it, do you remember what it looked like before? Here's a reminder:


one-room-challenge-loveonsunday.jpg

I knew I wanted to keep it white but bring in some texture and pattern and incorporate some of my favourite thrifted pieces. Originally, I wanted to keep the headboard wall completely bare but I made the last minute decision to incorporate some plant life. What can I say, my love for eucalyptus is strong, folks. This wall hanging was inspired by Sarah Sherman Samuel's DIY which I love!


one-room-challenge-love-on-sunday.jpg

Because everything is so white, I knew texture and pattern would make the space more cozy and inviting. I incorporated that in my throw pillows, blankets and rugs. I'm in love with this hobnail chenille blanket I found at the Aberfoyle Flea Market. The 2 throw pillows were gifts from my Mom, the white cutout pillow is a handmade piece she brought back from the Philippines. I love it!


one-room-challenge-love-on-sunday.jpg

one-room-challenge-love-on-sunday.jpg

Instead of matching wall lamps, I opted for a table lamp on one end. I find it gives the room a more relaxed vibe. Plus, the black lamp was my Dad's, he's had it since I was a child. It's super old (and not that pretty) but I just love it's simplicity.


one-room-challenge-love-on-sunday.jpg

one-room-challenge-love-on-sunday.jpg

one-room-challenge-love-on-sunday.jpg

I've had my eye on this bench for quite some time. It was in my parents backyard collecting dust. I knew it would be perfect for the foot of our bed. My Dad was a welder and he constructed it out of metal pipe and old wood. It's weathered over time and I love the look of it.


one-room-challenge-love-on-sunday.jpg

one-room-challenge-love-on-sunday.jpg

one-room-challenge-love-on-sunday.jpg

one-room-challenge-love-on-sunday.jpg

Below is my hubby's side of the bed. My Mom likes to take photos of things at the thrift store and send them to me (cutest, right?). I spotted this brown frame in the background and asked her to take a look. It turned out to be perfect because the ceramic sculpture is a rooster from Chinese Astrology — which is my husband's year. Apparently, roosters are "hard working, shrewd and definite in decision making, often speaking their mind". I agree with all of that so of course, this went up on his side of the bed :)


one-room-challenge-love-on-sunday.jpg

I really wanted a small vanity area and this little nook in my bedroom turned out to be perfect. Now I have a place to store my brushes, makeup and jewelry. It only takes me about 10-15 mins but it's nice to have a spot where I don't have to fight for the mirror. I also have the option of pulling the stool over when I want to sit down.


one-room-challenge-love-on-sunday.jpg

one-room-challenge-love-on-sunday.jpg

one-room-challenge-love-on-sunday.jpg

one-room-challenge-love-on-sunday.jpg

I even organized my closet! I've been obsessed with the Konmari Method and it's so much easier to see what I have when it's organized.


one-room-challenge-love-on-sunday.jpg

Thanks to Linda from Calling it Home for organizing this event. I sometimes need a little push to get my butt going and this is exactly what I needed. Thanks to my parents and hubby for all their help! I absolutely love our new bedroom and I slept like a baby last night :)


Now I'm off to check out all the other guest participants and designers who have posted their reveal photos. You can check out the 20 featured designers here and all other guest participants here.


HAPPY THURSDAY, INDEED!!!


Original article and pictures take www.loveonsunday.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий